Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Night Is Always Darkest Before The Dawn....




I've tried to be quiet. There were many a night that I was just about to get on here and rip the Pens a new one, but I refrained. "Don't worry, they'll pull out of this" I kept telling myself. There's no way that this team will miss the playoffs so don't worry. Before you know it, we'll be on a 10 game tear and all will be right in the world.

Then Saturday happened. 6-1 loss to a team that previously had lost 4 straight. Each time I see a loss that I think is the worst that I've seen all year to this point, the Pens keep topping it. Things were no better last night but I wasn't really surprised with that outcome. Let's face it, the Pens could have won 20 straight and I wouldn't have been shocked to see them drop that one. There's just something about MSG. Maybe it's the stench of urine and shit. Who knows.

Do we need changes? You bet. Are they coming? Don't hold your breath. Shero isn't the type to panic and start throwing away his young talent and the future of his franchise in the hopes of finding that one magical piece to the puzzle that's going to make everything alright. Most great GM's aren't'. So he'll stand pat and do the right thing: let this team figure it out for themselves. Let's not forget, this is the same team that started the season 12-4. They're not that far behind the curve. But something has gone sour. There is no spark. Their work ethic sucks. They are being beaten to pucks, leaving guys wide open in front of their own net, allowing goals that should be save, and now the guys who were scoring have stopped. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a team effort at sucking and one that has everyone held accountable. Is Shero going to talk to Detroit or San Jose about swapping teams? There is no one person that is going to be brought in right now that is going to solve this. It's going to have to come from within.

And that's the way it should be.



The Dawn Is Coming

No comments: